Saturday 3 November 2012

Step 10 the AEIOU way

I am always on the lookout for new ways to do Step 10.  My brain struggles with honesty when it thinks it knows all the answers.  My ego is certainly a progressive part of my disease, and formal Step 10s are the most effective antidote to an over blown ego.

Today I heard about a new way to do Step 10 that I will try - the AEIOU way.

A is for abstinence
Reflect on what I have done for my abstinence; did I get to a meeting, work with others?
E is for exercise 
This one is going to be confronting for the lazy me! Reflect on what exercise I have done for the day.
I is for me, what have I done for me 
What did I do to take care of myself and my needs today?

O is for others, what have I done for others
Was I of service today?
U is for uncover
What is the thing/things I don't want to think about?  All I need to do today is write it down, get it out of myself.


2 comments:

  1. Hello-

    I was just browsing for inspiration and came across your blog. I believe I am also a Food Addict (or Compulsive Overeater), and have been struggling with my relationship with food for many years. I want to tell you I think it's admirable that you have your thoughts/posts online and I wish you well on your journey in recovery. We all have the strength. I am hoping this blog helps me find mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete