Sunday 20 May 2012

Taking responsibility

To err is human; to blame it on the other guy is even more human.
--Bob Goddard

Life (ok my HP) certainly has a way of sending me messages, and this quote was in my inbox today.

Yesterday's Step 4 work showed me that I have not been taking responsibility for what's been happening at work, not seeing that I am part of the problem and not part of the solution. 

But as Bob Goddard's quote says - that's okay that means I am human.  But I don't have to stay stuck, I can learn the lessons, take responsibility and become part of the solution.  The serenity prayer promises freedom in finding the 'courage to do the things I can'.

HP help me to find the courage I need at the moment, the courage to be the best I can at work, the courage to accept others and the courage to take responsibility for things in my life that I have been flakky around - especially my finances.  With God's help I can be the person he intended me to be. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment