Tuesday 29 May 2012

Powerlessness needs to be remembered over and over




Forgetting I am powerless and not in control of everything gets me into trouble over and over again. When I forget that, I slip into selfishness and self-centredness warned against on page 62 of the BB. As the book says it is the root of all my problems; self-will run riot.

I am reminding myself today that I am powerless. I am powerless over things, people, places and situations

Things – I am powerless over food; food not on my food plan; food eaten outside of meals.  I am powerless over Pinterest.

People – I am powerless over myself; my imperfections and my defects of character; I am powerless over my weight and all I can focus on is abstinence one day at a time.  I am powerless over my husband, the struggle he is having in his life, his smoking and what actions he will take next.  I am powerless over other people at work and their opinion of me; I am powerless over their judgments and their priorities.  I am powerless over my in-laws and the their approach to life; it is none of my business.  I am powerless over my sponsees, the program they work and the recovery they are given.  I am powerless over my family and the decisions they make for themselves.


Places – I am powerless over my place of work and the change that is occurring at the moment.  I am powerless over OA.  I am powerless over my home area. 

Situations – I am powerless over our current debt (though I can not add to it).  I am powerless over my childlessness.  I am powerless over my pain in adjusting to change.  I am powerless over my grief. I am powerless over what I did yesterday; I am powerless over what I did not do yesterday.

HP let me live my life your way. Help me to move past my self-centredness, to give me the freedom to do life on life’s terms and to do it your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment