Monday 9 January 2012

Denial no longer needed here


Denial my old friend it is time we went our separate ways, we are not good for each other. You are my toxic friend of childhood that I just can't shake off. I didn't realize how miserable you have been making me and how much you've been holding me down. I am shocked, and a little ashamed, of how unmanageable things have become for me physically.

Why have I been refusing to look at these things? I guess my disease didn't want me to take action - I am not a bad person, I am simply in my disease. I need to face the ways I am unmanageable physically:

  • I am uncomfortable in my body - I can't find a comfortable sitting position nor cross my legs comfortably
  • I have cellulite all over my body, including my arms
  • My legs rub together when I walk
  • Walking is getting harder and harder - it is easier for me to find the excuse not to exercise than battle through the discomfort of it
  • Finding pants to wear that fit me is becoming impossible in the 'standard' sizes
  • I am avoiding mirrors
  • I am not shopping for clothes even though I desperately need new outfits
  • My clothes are tight and there are clothes in my cupboard that no longer fit me
  • My doctor had trouble taking my blood pressure because of my arm size
  • I am surpressing my sexuality as I am ashamed and not present in my body
  • I am not 'grooming' as much as normal as I am feeling unattractive
  • I am not going to the beach, swimming or wearing 'summer' clothes in front of others
  • Photographs from Christmas of my legs are shocking me
  • I am losing flexibility in my body
  • My skin is irritable

HP help me to accept where I am today so I can address my disease in healthy and loving ways.  I have to accept myself before I can take action.  HP grant me the courage to do the things I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment