Thursday 8 July 2010

Reaching out - the lesson I need to keep learning

I am terrible at asking for help.  I am too used to acting 'in control' or pushing through and 'coping' no matter what the cost.  If things get really tough I might cry out and ask my HP for support, as in 'oh god help me'.

The last week I have really needed help and so I decided to do something different and actually ask for it.  I have made calls every day to people I don't usually call.  And the support that has come my way has been amazing.  I feel completely reminded of the hope that surrounds me in program, and feel the strength of recovery cushioning me at this time.

I will be OK thanks to asking for help - I hope I keep flexing this support muscle and that it gets easier for me to ask for help.  I am worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment