Monday 31 May 2010

Taking care of me


I have been thinking about how I connect with my HP and am clearly being reminded that I don't need to understand my HP or how they connect with me, that I just need to believe.

And believe I do.  Looking back on my life, I can see I have been taken care of every step of the way.  Even at the times I felt most abandoned.

Today I am home sick.  I have had a weekend in bed, unable to push through my flu.  I am grateful.  Grateful that sickness is one of the ways my HP speaks to me, forces me to slow down and shows me that I haven't been taking care of myself.  In getting sick I am forced to slow down, forced to do the basic care I have been skipping, forced to chat to my HP about what is right for me.

I am grateful that my HP knows me so well, knows when I am in trouble and knows the most effective ways to communicate with me.  I have really been overworking and over scheduling, not allowing myself the space to revitalise.  Being over-tired is one of the biggest dangers for me - I need to heed the old HALT reminder constantly if I do not want to end up in trouble.  In getting sick I am forced to take care of myself and to be more mindful of getting over-hungry, angry, lonely and tired and the impact that has on me.

Food has been calling this weekend while I have been sick, but luckily my HP has protected me and I have not acted on it.  I feel totally taken care of, and for that I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment