Monday 9 March 2009

Advice - what I was really telling myself

There is a reason why program reminds us that advice giving is not a good idea. I can't make sane and healthy decisions about my own life, so how could I give sane and healthy advice. It seems though, that whenever I most need to listen to advice I start to give it and it usually advice I need to give myself.

I have been reflecting on that this morning, and am amassing a list of advice I've given or questions I've asked recently where I was really telling/asking myself.




  • Have you asked your HP to help you?
  • Do you really believe you are powerless over food and that compulsive eating is killing you?
  • What is the food giving you that you can't get elsewhere?
  • Why don't you use the tools before you take your first compulsive bite?
  • It's not your sponsor that gets you abstinent

I loved this quote another blogger posted today - and it is so apt:

Never miss a chance to keep your mouth shut. -Robert Newton Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment