Wednesday 18 August 2010

It is not understanding but acceptance that we need...


I had the privilege and pleasure of listening to some one's Step 5 tonight and the experience reminded me that it is not understanding but acceptance that we need; especially from ourselves.  I have always intellectualised my problems and tried to work through my problems by trying to understand them.

That approach didn't work.  It didn't acknowledge my powerlessness.  I can not think my way through my problems, especially my addiction.  My best thinking got me into any of my biggest problems.  I realised that I needed to do life differently.

I discovered in program that in admitting my problems, I admit my powerlessness, leave room for my HP to show me the best way and gain an acceptance of self that has led to a miraculous life.  For that I am grateful...

No comments:

Post a Comment